With a multitude of local NGOs working in Cambodia, you might ask yourself why work with Banteay Srei?
What sets this organisation apart?
What values and objectives are being met through the work of this organisation which aligns with the values of your organisation or your personal philanthropic views?
To provide you with the answers, we have broken it down for you so you can easily understand the strength and determination of this organisation!
Top 10 reasons to work with Banteay Srei
- Banteay Srei operates at a grassroots level and is not only focused on service delivery but works to equip local women in communities with the tools and skills to empower themselves and improve their economic and psycho-social environments
- Banteay Srei works with local women to encourage leadership, political participation, knowledge of their rights and accessibility and control of local resources
- Banteay Srei works in local administration reform, training and empowering women to work towards decentralisation by encouraging participation of communities in local governance to serve the needs of those communities. Through this work Banteay Srei is striving for transparency and accountability in governance
- Banteay Srei was formed 28 years ago by the IWDA. During this tenure Banteay Srei has positioned itself as a leading women’s NGO working in this field through demonstrating strength and stability across a variety of projects
- 13 year ago, Banteay Srei gained independence from founding partner IWDA and became registered as an independent local NGO serving the local communities
- The vision for Banteay Srei is to empower beneficiaries to mirror the steps the organisation has taken: learn the skills necessary to gain independence
- By working at a local level with impoverished families, the hope is that the localised development targeted by Banteay Srei will contribute to national development
- Banteay Srei has established strong internal policies, governance, monitoring and evaluation and was awarded a Certificate of Compliance from the Co-operation Committee of Cambodia (CCC) for compliance with all standards of good governance and professional practices
- Banteay Srei offers 360 degree support to beneficiaries impacted by gender based violence including counselling for perpetrators and inclusion of rights for disabled women. Banteay Srei recognises the need to address the problem from all angles and works to address root causes and cultural perceptions to decrease gender based violence as well providing support and services to survivors
- After 15 years, Banteay Srei became registered as a local NGO serving the local communities, almost 15 years later and Banteay Srei are successfully phasing out of previous target areas – allowing beneficiaries the opportunity to gain their empowered independence as well. In 15 years from now Banteay Srei hopes to see a landscape where women stand up for their rights without question and hopes to see previous beneficiaries become the voice of change in Cambodia