Welcome to Banteay Srei
We are a Cambodian Women's Non-Governmental Organisation that empowers vulnerable women to improve their political, economic and psycho-social situation through implementation of community development projects, advocacy work and encouraging men's participation in addressing issues affecting women.
Banteay Srei’s work has influenced over 63,000 people representing over 12,000 families in the 53 target villages in 10 communes in 6 districts in Battambang and Siem Reap provinces.
Our Strategic objectives for the years 2014-2018 are the following:
- Objective 1: Women’s leadership role is strengthened and their enabling environment enhanced to allow for women’s meaningful participation, increased voice and decision‐making in sub‐national democratic development processes and community structures.
- Objective 2: Vulnerable women and their families have improved standards of living, expanded livelihood choices and increased resilience of the impact of climate change and natural disasters.
- Objective 3: Increased awareness and positive changes in attitudes and behaviour on gender equality result in a reduction of gender‐based violence in Banteay Srei target communities.
- Objective 4: Enhanced leadership of Banteay Srei for evidenced‐based advocacy role at the local, national and international levels, to advance women’s rights and gender equality.
- Objective 5: Banteay Srei organisation reflects quality improvements in governance, management, financial, and information systems that support effective programme management.
By international volunteer Melanie Sheehan, Capacity Development Advisor for Banteay Srei On Valentines Day, 14th February 2013, Sok Panha, Director of Banteay Srei, and international volunteer Melanie Sheehan went to Freedom Park in Phnom Penh to join One Billion Rising, … Read more
A community event to celebrate International Women’s Day was held with 226 community members in O’mal Commune, Battambang Province on the 6th March 2013. The event celebrated local women’s achievement in developing their communities and local men’s participation in this … Read more
By international volunteer Melanie Sheehan, Capacity Development Advisor for Banteay Srei On 23rd April 2013, Banteay Srei in Siem Reap hosted a visit from Fabienne et Thibault, two journalists from France known as “Les reporteurs solidaires” who have travelled around … Read more